"Type A personality, also known as the Type A Behavior Pattern, is a set of characteristics that includes being impatient, excessively time-conscious, insecure about one's status, highly competitive, hostile and aggressive, and incapable of relaxation.
 Type A individuals are often highly achieving workaholics who multi-task, drive themselves with deadlines, and are unhappy about the smallest of delays. They have been described as stress junkies.
Type A personalities are the leaders, risk takers, and independent thinkers. They don't like to waste time with the details, and often look for better ways to solve problems. A type "A" person can multitask, moving from one thought to another and back without missing a beat. These people dislike routine, but will take on a routine task in order to achieve a greater goal.
The Type B personality, in contrast, is patient, relaxed, and easy-going. There is also a Type AB mixed profile for people who cannot be clearly categorized and have a combination of both types of personality.
I think that I am a combo. On the B side, I am relaxed & easy going. But, I'm NOT patient, that is for sure. As for the A - I do love to multi-task, but I'm not highly competitive (with myself, yes). However, I think I have a better way to describe myself.....
Adult ADD. I swear I have it. I used to think my husband had it because he can't stay on task. He likes to start something, move on to the next, and so on...
Ok, so I do the same thing. I can't possibly be content with the norm. Even training for an ironman isn't enough. I have to plan things. Not just one thing, multiple things. Whether it is a party, or an event, or a trip. Heck, try all of the above! So, for humor I took a quiz: This is what it had to say for my responses:
"The responses you have provided indicate that your symptoms may be consistent with Adult ADD. Only your healthcare professional can make a definite diagnosis. If you have concerns or questions regarding ADD, please discuss your results with a physician and/or healthcare professional."
I love it. Now I have a special diagnosis for my ability to multi-task, as I call it! Too funny.
Anyway, here's a few things that I've got going on at the moment, in no particular order:
- Work (thank God & momo for my flexibility)
- Family - I make sure we have food, clean cloths, and a clean house
- Training - you know that Ironman thing. 10-20 hours of my life over the next several months :-)
- Group workouts. I plan them. I figure out the route, I say when & where & just about any other logistic you can think of, I've got it taken care of
- Ragnar Relay. I will make sure we are all registered & have cute matching outfits. We'll know where to be, and when to be there, and how we will get there. Yes, I'm the Team Captain
- http://www.allthingstriathlon.com/ Ok, this is my husbands thing, but I am giving myself the title of Vice President of Fashion. I will make sure that we have the best looking uniforms to advertise ourselves :-)
- Stacey's Bridal Celebration. That's right. Not a shower, not a bachelorette party... that's all I'm saying about that!
So, these are just a few of the many things I'm working on right now. Every day something else fits in, or I seem to find something new to embark on. Vacation you say? Oh yes, that is my specialty. I am the planner. I have made a couple of wrong turns in the past (HORRIBLE hotel experience in La Jolla), but I learned my lesson.
What type are you??