Clean Bill of Health

I went to my good old buddy Matt, at Metro Physical Therapy today. After my "speed" run on Monday I decided it was time to go in and have him work on my hip flexor. I was convinced it was the reason my IT band started bugging me. That, and well... the blisters & funny walking from the Ragnar Relay.

Sure enough the hip flexor was a mess! I can't remember what all he was rambling, but TFL was in there as well.. Something about them rubbing or pinching on the femur. Anyway - he worked on me for a good 40mins. Poking, prodding at my hip. Moving around my entire leg while he did it. The killer was when he had me on my stomach and he was moving my leg all around, then trying to stretch it. I started jumping off the table! I screamed, "I TOLD you I can't stretch it!!" (I had mentioned how it was so tight I couldn't even do a stretch on it because it would spasm)

Of course, he didn't listen to me & just kept playing around. Then, back on my back... he pulled my legs out to correct my leg length... a few more moves, and I was back on my stomach ready for the previous torture. Only this time, he could go a little further..

We did this for a while, then he just had me stretch it out & ice it. It ALREADY feels better! Not that I was in any pain, but when I would sit for a long time I couldn't straighten out my body or it would spasm. So, being aero for so long, when I'd go to get a drink, or stretch out, or stand up on a climb, the same thing was happening.

He also told me to get a massage! Man...I wish I had time. It's not feasible before the race, and next week is crazy as well (I'll save that for another post). OH and STRETCH, STRETCH, STRETCH my hip flexor!

The GOOD, no make that FABULOUS news is that my IT band is fine. They were both a little tender, but evenly, and as to be expected from the amount of training. I just pray that it doesn't start hurting during the race....

So there you have it. A visit to my good old reliable Matt, and hopefully I won't be back there soon. Don't get me wrong. I love the guy - but we've bonded enough over the years :-)

Now, if we could just get MOMO to go seem him and get that knee fixed..... Or, Shane - although he kinda has a list of ailments to choose from....(I'm going to get in trouble for that one!)

Comments

momo said…
can you believe it? they let me make yet another appointment. ha! monday, i'm matt's!
Spokane Al said…
I am glad to hear that you have found the source of your issues and are on the mend.

P.S. Everytime I read your blog and see your IM CDA countdown calendar with the numbers getting smaller and smaller I start developing a twitch. Do you think your guy could fix that?
Ned said…
YEA! Glad to hear Matt thinks you are good to go! Good luck in your race! Can't wait to hear how you do!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

IMCDA #7 -- The Sunset Year

Coeur d'Alene Scenic Challenge

Kona 23'