This and that and MAD

It's been over a week since my last post... For many reasons, I just haven't sat down at my computer all that much. Starting with a last minute decision to return to California for a fun filled weekend with our second family, the Angelones. And, much to our surprise 2 of our other favorite people, Jaynee (I'm FINALLY getting used to saying her real name, not Nytro) and Benny. And ending this week so tired and dumbfounded at how much energy it takes to be a surrogate mom for a couple of days watching my 5year old niece...

First things first. I wish I would have written about the fun-filled weekend right away, but as many of my happenings go - too much time has gone by to really sit down and write out a recap. I swear, if I could just get out of my head my thoughts as I think about blogging, vs actually blogging I would have so much more to say... and I think it would be more entertaining to read.

Momo & Johny invited us back for the weekend while we were still IN Coronado over the 4th. We had so much fun with them, and their kids that they actually wanted us back!!! Well, once we got home we were feeling a little guilty about starting a remodel project, and other misc. expenses that we decided not to head back over.. But, in typical momo fashion, she put my head straight and helped us find a dog sitter (again..another missed blog post including empty margaritta mix, random shot glass, murky pool, and hungover dogs!) and within 24hours of changing our minds we were on the road back to San Diego....

With in minutes of arriving we were already in for our first surprise! You can read about it here.... We had an absolutely amazing weekend, even with my random case of food poisoning?
Sun, cool temps, beach, wine, food, cheese, music.. did I say cheese? And post importantly time spent with some of the best people I'm pretty sure I'll have the blessing to be part of their lives.

Hence, the Momo Appreciation Day.... I don't think that I can even begin to write or express how much this girl means to me, so honestly, I'm not even going to try. She's done so much for me in the past 2 years that I've known her that trying to write it down would just not do her justice. I'm sure those who read this who know her, I mean really know her don't need me to site examples or personal experiences or stories of her generosity, kind heart and open mind. My only hope is that my friendship with her has given her even a slight piece of what she has done for me...

As I started to write this blog post I was going to go into what's been going on in the past few days, but I think it's only appropriate to end it here. I'll catch up on another day, another post....

Love you momo!

Comments

momo said…
i do what i do for you because i love you - you (and shane) are my family. one of these days i need to send toni a thank you note for introducting us...

big hugs, girlfriend. and thank you. i know this kind of thing is out of your comfort zone, but i'm thinking that as much as you're rubbing off on me - i might just be doing a little of the same for you. ;-)

shane can thank me later.

MWA!
Bigun said…
that's an awesome pic of you two...btw...
Unknown said…
awwweee..... look at you sharing your feelings. musta been the food poisoning!!

well done.
Supalinds said…
Well said darling!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

IMCDA #7 -- The Sunset Year

Coeur d'Alene Scenic Challenge

Kona 23'