A diary of my Ironman CDA training, and other little life adventures...
HOCH, this is for YOU!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Yes, people.... it does get COLD in Arizona. I'm not seeing any of this snow.. but that's what it says!!!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Anonymous said…
HA! nuts. we have blue skies today! well tiny bits of it and if you're patient enough every few minutes the sun appears! i'd break out the sunblock but my classes are cancelled.
I'm not really sure if I can even describe what an amazing day I had in Canada last Sunday. I remember everything about it (not usual). I never had a crazy low. I never felt like I couldn't do it, or more importantly that didn't want to be there. I've never smiled so much in my entire life. I've never had so much fun. The days leading up to the race I felt good. Maybe too good. I was calm, rested, happy. For the first time in 5 Ironman I knew I had done everything I possibly could to make my training count. No skipped workouts because I was too tired, or because I just didn't want to do them. I did the work, I made the work count. I knew that the only factor that could mess up my day was going to be ME. I knew that all my issues in the past 2 IM have been nutrition related and bonking, and I was not going to let that happen. I stayed pretty quiet leading up to the race. Every night when I went to bed...
Both my girls have done it, and since I've been lacking on the blogging front and after reading this moving post , I just feel inspired to talk about "My One Thing" If I'm truly honest with myself, I know deep down that I do all of this crazy training and racing and all consuming endurance activities for one reason and one reason only. Because I CAN . And, because so many times before I've been told that I CAN'T. And if you know me, even just a little bit, you should know that CAN'T, along with NO are not in MY vocabulary.... I did grow up a rather active kid. I wasn't the best at any sport, but very similar to my current state I was good, or sometimes above average. I was never the the best, or first place or that typical athletic looking child, slightly chubby if I must say, (some things just don't ever change), however I always put my heart into it. 100+%. As a young child in elementary school I played all after school sports. Basketball (pe...
Thank you to Erin who sent me this quote - I can't seem to get it out of my mind, it's perfect. "Even the most domesticated animals remind us what it is like to be wild, to be gentle, to be loyal, to trust, to flourish, to slow with age, to die. They connect us with something fundamental in our beings -- and we are the caretaker of that connection." Last night was perfect, everything we needed. Calm waters, the beach to ourselves, a pitcher of margaritas and the tide heading out to take her away. I can't express the sadness we felt, but also relief that we were able to give Miss Abby what she deserved after the best possible life she could have. While it was short and unfair she absolutely lived it up while she was with us... My boys playing together, priceless. Somehow this boy of mine knows exactly when I need him. It was exhausting for all of us - after we got b ack to the house Baxter fell asleep with his baby "Abby" given to him by the sweet swee...
Comments
We've got enough snow here in Utah to cover the entire country...here i'll give you some :)
(&& I got the bonita in the mail yesterday - can't wait to try her out this afternoon! thanks for all the help! ;) )