Motivation

Don't you worry, I'm not looking for motivation to you know, train. Well… I totally want to be training right now. I mean… I can't lie. I miss the constant fatigue and feeling after a long ass workout. I miss checking my training peaks every day to see what I am going to be doing. I miss looking at my numbers and results and seeing the hard work turn into progress.

BUT, I'm being a good girl and having some down time. I'm "exercising" a little every day. Not running much as I'm nursing a little hamstring and foot pain… Swimming under an hour. Biking some, but all on my road bike.

So, what kinda motivation am I talking about? Well….

NEW BIKE MOTIVATION.

Yah yah, broken record I've been B$^tching about it for a while now. Unfortunately my income has been a little less these past couple of years so I'm not exactly putting away cash in the bank. I'm making smarter buying decisions and well, let's just say my little shoe obsession I've had for like EVER? Well, the only shoes I've purchased in the past couple of years besides some ZOOT recovery, Asics Nimbus & a few pair of flip flops are the adorable shoes I wore to a little outing in April. And, boy were they worth it (even if I've only worn them twice). They are THAT cute.

I digress.

While we were in Spokane at our wonderful hosts house for a week after IMCDA, I got schooled on the operation of Ebay selling. You would think since my husband works for the company we'd know a little more, but nope. So our buddy basically wheels and deals for fun. He earns enough money buying and selling stuff to pay for this crazy expensive habit we call TRIATHLON for both himself as well as his wife. He's been doing it for a few years now so he's pretty much got it down. Not to mention he works for the post office, so he knows all about shipping. So, after spending several days with him and seeing the master at work I thought, "I can TOTALLY do this." I started visualizing all the STUFF I have in the house. Stuff that for some reason or another I just hadn't donated yet. which of course got me thinking about all the stuff I HAD already donated and how much money I could of had from it…

THEN I started researching my bike. Turns out little child size bikes are actually pretty hard to find. And, come to find that people pay good money for them! Then, I had a moment sadness when I realized how much money I could of had if I had SOLD my old Cannondale and not given it to my sister to ride. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I gave it to her, but she hasn't found the time to ride it yet (in over a year).. so I figured it was worth a shot to ask for it back. If it was just collecting dust in her garage, might as well get some money, right? Well… she wasn't so down with that idea so I might just be out that money! As long as she uses it, I'm ok with that. I did find out however, as soon as I sell enough stuff to make up the difference between selling mini me & my new bike… I can put her on Ebay and be ready for the purchase!

So… 2 days after returning from our trip I made a quick sweep through the house. I filled a bag with "stuff." I immediately sold 3 sets of replacement lenses for my old Oakleys. I lost the frames like 3 years ago…so don't ask me why I still had the lenses! You name it, I'm posting it for sale.

I found stuff in my closet that still had TAGS on it. Mind you they were business clothes… I'm guessing I bought them when I first started working with Four Seasons and was traveling more..but I haven't traveled for a couple years, and low and behold I lost some weight & have kept it off for a couple years and those pants don't fit… And, lets be honest… we're lucky if I leave this house in anything other than a running skirt, nike shorts or god for bid my pajamas these days.

You know that rule, if you haven't worn it in XX time… don't hang on to it? Well, although these clothes are in mint condition AND if I did still work in an office, and if they did still fit me I'd keep em. But, they don't.. and I don't so sure enough they went up for sale on bay.

The Vegas dress. The skimpy black dress I bought for the bachelorette night out in Vegas. I can't believe the $$ I paid for that dress..or that I even wore it. But, low and behold as soon as I posted it up for sale someone sent me a message saying they had been looking for it and could I get it to them by xx time, cause they needed it for VEGAS :-) At least I had the right idea when I bought it...

Polar Heart rate monitor that the battery has been dead for like 5 years and I'm too lazy to send the watch back to replace the battery. Yup, that's selling.

The KICKER. My old Blackberry. I just sold it used, but with all the accessories including a blue tooth (which I used like what TWICE?) for $109. Hilarious!

So, I'm motivated. I'm cleaning up the house, learning a lot about what people will pay for what items and I'm adding some extra fun cash into my paypal Bike fund!

More on THAT bike next time :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMCDA #7 -- The Sunset Year

Kona 23'

Coeur d'Alene Scenic Challenge