Happy New Year...

I did it again. Forgot to bring my camera & load some pictures to share. Of course they are all pretty much the same... beach, dogs, and booze. That's our way of life in Mexico I suppose.

It's been a pretty quiet trip this year. Usually we have friends and family that join us here and there throughout our stay. This year, we just didn't seem to get anything together so it was just the two of us. Surprisingly, we've managed to not kill each other :-) Actually, it's been a very very nice trip.

We couldn't have asked for better weather. Blue skies and warmer each day. Yesterday, it was absolutely perfect. About 75degs, very slight breeze and crystal clear water. I started off with a run through our neighborhood. I do the same run ALL the time when I'm not on the actual beach - but for some reason it never gets old. I just look at all the beautiful homes. They are all so unique and colorful - new ones and remodels all the time.

Anyway - Baxter was on a flipping MISSION (as usual). He headed out a couple miles weaving along the road, with a view of the water the whole time. There are a LOT of people here for the holiday, and a lot of them with dogs. I'm not sure why people think it's ok to let their dogs roam free just because we aren't in the US. We had at LEAST 4-5 dogs run out from their gates after us. Thankfully I had my fuel belt on and would pull out a bottle and squirt the dogs to get them away from us. My poor dogs would freak out, which meant once we were able to start running again, the first minute was 100yard dash speed.

Seriously people, I've decided I don’t need a track coach. I have Baxter. It will be very interesting to see how fast I can get this year with that dog.... that dog and possibly no injury? Hmmm, we'll see.

ANYHOO - that's not my point, I got a little off track....

So, after the speedy little run I felt fantastic. Ran some of the salt and booze out of my system. I spent the rest of the day soaking in the sun, doing crossword puzzles and staring at the ocean. At one point I was sitting down on the beach with Abby & Baxter and looked up to about 8 dolphins playing a couple hundred yards out.... Just a couple minutes later.... about 8 more even CLOSER to us were putting on the COOLEST show. Flipping up out of the water - big splashes and everything. The water was so calm you could see everything so perfectly....

Reminds me how lucky I am, and how much I absolutely love it here...

We're down to just a couple more days. I think the best of the weather is over, but looks like we will have one more sunny day to enjoy (just a bit breezy).... Tomorrow is supposed to be cloudy, but we'll spend it packing up and getting the house all closed up and ready.

We've hired a new caretaker to watch over the house so we will no longer have renters - I'm VERY excited about this. We can clean up the house and leave more of our belongings. IT also means a couple more trips down here to check on everything!

So, if you are in the area and ever want to join us, let me know! We can always use a good excuse to come down!

I'll be home Monday - back to reality.... I'm missing my bike, and believe it or not even Danielle. Looks like the torture is going to start again pretty soon!

Happy New Year!

Comments

Kate said…
Oh!!!
I am so jealous! I have never seen the ocean! I love water and sand and sun so I think I would be a natural. :)

So glad you all had fun. Have a safe trip back and love on your bike when you get home.
momo said…
are you almost home yet????? i've missed you!
Supalinds said…
Happy New Year girlfriend. I am so jealous you saw dolphins playing! Very cool!

Popular posts from this blog

IMCDA #7 -- The Sunset Year

Kona 23'

Coeur d'Alene Scenic Challenge