Catchin Up

So, you are probably thinking me & my pretty new red purse have been out shopping around trying to find things to fill out... Well, not really - although I have found it very useful in packing all of my stuff around. I'm SO glad I chose the bigger one. That was my biggest decision ya know.... which size to get...

Anyhoo.... here's a quick recap of what's been going on.. I'll try to make it the short version.

I spent most of the weekend and beginning of the week preparing for my Real Estate Exam. It's funny you know. They make you spend 90hours in a classroom, then basically memorize 1400 possibly multiple choice Q's... of which, you will not retain once you pass the test.. Then you have to take a 6hour "bootcamp" on contract writing... then you can go take the State exam.

It's all a bunch of hoo-wee if you ask me. The stuff they teach you isn't practical. It's pretty much vocabulary of words which, none of use on a daily basis. No real 'training' just a bunch of tie wasted sitting listening to some arrogant retired brokers talk about how much money they've made and what they think about EVERYTHING, not Real Estate Related.

But, I made it thru... I passed the test (90%!) yesterday and finally got to put all the notes that have been flooding my house for the past week in the recycle bin!

On Tuesday I survived an MRI. Yes, I do mean survived.. I am claustrophobic. I freak out. I mean TOTALLY FREAK out. I've had several before. I think 2 or 3 on my knee, but I didn't have to go all the way in the machine. Also had a couple on my lower back.. which is where I first realized the extent of my phobia. Now, it's only gotten worse. I freak out in elevators sometimes too. So, I'm lieing there ready for them to put me in and I totally start to panic. Tears going down my face.... HR like 195 - not sure if I can do it. THEN, I did it...

I PULLED THE IRONMAN CARD! Yup, on myself I did it. I thought, how can I make it through 5 months of training, and a 13hour day traveling THAT far... and be freaking out over this stupid machine. So, I closed my eyes and started thinking of the beach..... the beach that I am on my way to in a few hours :-)

So, Sara called me yesterday and read me the MRI Report. Unfortunately it kinda went in one ear & out the other, even though she so carefully described it all, non-medical terms. There were several things noted on there, some about my discs, some about the fusion of the vertebrae...and something about more sensitive inflammatory response? That's the one I really heard, cause it might make sense why I can get SO incredibly sore, from you know, walking across the street....Ok, slight exaggeration, but you get my point.

I'm going to a "pain management" Dr. on Thursday to see what he can do to help with the arm pain. I really hope he has some answers because I NEED TO SWIM!!! It's been nearly 3 months since I have been in the water....

There's also the usual. You know, work, train for a marathon.....

Now, I better getting moving. I need to get ready to get out of town! In a few hours Shane will be home & we are heading to Mexico! Tomorrow, Natalie, her husband Jeff & baby Kate, and the momo clan are coming down to spend the weekend with us as well. It's Shane's b-day tomorrow, so a little tequila celebrations it is. Cause, that's how the LaPan's roll. Marathon, or not, I'm still having me some fun this weekend! Oh, and Stacey & Dave will be there as well....they're staying on another beach, but hopefully we'll get to see them and have us some HORNITOS!

So, stay tuned next week for a full report on the fun. MAYBE, just MAYBE we'll get some good pics to share ;-)

Cheers!

Comments

momo said…
ok, i'm bummed. you all are down there having fun without me and i'm stuck here with sick little j. does it sound like i'm bitter. :-) have a shot for me!
Benson said…
Sorry about the MRI experience. Glad you dug deep and made it through.
Glad to hear about Mexico! You better have some pics or else...

Popular posts from this blog

IMCDA #7 -- The Sunset Year

Coeur d'Alene Scenic Challenge

Kona 23'