catching up!

Here we are almost 2 weeks passed our arrival back from CDA, and still trying to catch up!  I actually got to do some of that today. Analyze training plans, do some back and forth chatting with my own coach and strategize some final key workouts for one of my athletes as she heads into the last stages of Ironman AZ training.

For the past 4 weeks life has just been crazy busy.  I am one that thrives on staying busy and actually somehow am much more productive with the more I have to do!  But, over these past few weeks it's almost been too much for me.  I really had to focus on utilizing every single hour of the day, and look ahead at my work meetings and training plan to try to figure out how to fit it all in.  I don't know how it happened, but work got so crazy busy at the worst time!  With Ironman build in full swing, trying to do all of our last minute bucket lists in CDA then packing up and traveling back home there were not many spare hours (or minutes) in any given day.  

And in typical LaManiac fashion, I also planned a trip to Mexico for us as well.  For the past 3 years we've gone down the week before racing Soma, and somehow I feel like it might be my good luck charm because each year my races have gotten better and just this last time I came short of my <5hr 1minute="" 47="" and="" by="" div="" goal="" only="" race="" seconds....="">

To kick off the trip I actually took some PTO from work.  I really wanted to get in a solid ride before we left and with my early morning meetings there was just no way to make that happen and still try to leave at a decent time.  Unfortunately mother nature mixed up our training plans with a great day for storms so we had to get creative.  Shane & I did a set of 3 bikes and 3 runs back to back for 4.5 straight hours.  I started on the trainer and he started with a run.  We made our bike sets a little longer than the run sets so one person did have to wait a little bit longer, but it actually worked out ok and it was a super fun and new type of training for both of us.  Determined to get the most bang for my buck I used my power readings and set intervals increasing with difficulty for each bike set.  I did each run as a descending per MILE set and rounded off the 3 runs with a solid 10miles.  6 changes of clothes later we were finish with a solid day in the bank and in the car heading south of the border!

We had some company for this trip, Bryce our #SundayFunday extraordinaire and Shane's business parter.  We've cooked some amazing fresh seafood meals, played for hours on the beach acting like teenagers riding on the banana boat getting flown into the sea, survived a swim in the bath like ocean staring at scary stingrays on the sandy ocean floor and had a couple of brutally HOT HOT HOT sweatfest/sufferfest runs.  We sang and danced and again sweat like we were running in Hawaii at the Roger Clyne Show and met some fun people, as always, in our little second home town.  







My feet are swollen and my body is sore (DAMN BANANA BOAT) and I'm probably going to be working on rehydrating my body all week long to be ready for Soma, but as usual it's all been worth it.

I have a lot more to post, training updates, coaching updates and how I'm feeling as I lead into my first time ever doing 2x Ironman in one year!  However, for now, the beach and feet in the sand are calling my name!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMCDA #7 -- The Sunset Year

Kona 23'

Coeur d'Alene Scenic Challenge