A couple of years ago I read this post by Jen Harrison. I thought it was the COOLEST thing ever. Each year at the beginning of the year, she offers up coaching services in an effort to "pay it forward," providing coaching services to someone with hardship or other motivating factor.
Inspired by her generosity, combined with my love of coaching and helping athletes, I've decided to open up my coaching services in a similar way. I would like to offer my TeamBSC coaching services which include weekly personalized training schedules, and unlimited email contact. The coaching services will start May 1st and go through the end of your "A" race for 2014.
I'm looking for a very highly motivated athlete that is willing to be open minded to a new training plan, and willing to provide feedback and upload workout data so I can best help him/her achieve their goal!
If you are interested in getting more out of your racing season, or looking for a change, please send me a note with some personal information:
1) Why you are looking for a coach/change in training
2) Why you deserve this opportunity (what motivates you, financial hardship, etc.)
3) Social media platforms - the athlete chosen will be asked to blog, post (facebook, twitter, etc) about their experiences, training highs and lows, race reports, progress, etc.)
4) Your race schedule, including A race (required!!)
5) Something interesting about yourself!!
Feel free to contact me via personal message on Facebook, comment on this blog, or send an email to knlapan @ gmail.com
I will take inquiries/applications starting today through April 19th and the new plan will begin on Monday, May 5th (or whatever works best for athlete/coaching schedule in May).
I'm really looking forward to helping someone through their 2014 season!