Retail Therapy

My sister is much better with words than I am.  Shocking that I'm the one with the blog.  Hopefully she doesn't mind me sharing the poem she posted this morning... 

Today we are spending the day doing the one thing my mom absolutely loved and ironically drove my sister and I batshitcrazy.  Shopping was her therapy and today, I guess it will be ours. Good thing I am starting my new job on Monday!

In a weak moment one year she convinced us (ok, really it was just me my sister was game) to have a girls shopping extravaganza on Black Friday.  I'm fairly confident that was a first and only Black Friday I spent at the mall.   

We love, and miss you mom.


"I can hardly believe you've been gone for a year already Mom....

I though of you today
But that is nothing new.
I though of you yesterday 
And tomorrow, will too.

I think of you in silence 
And make no outward show
For what it's meant to lose you
Only those who loved you know.

Remembering you is easy
I do it every day.
It's the heartache of losing you
That never goes away.
(unknown)

Love you Mom. XO XOXO XO"


Holly Neil.

Comments

Tamara said…
It is incredible how some of the experiences you dread turn out to become favorite memories, like this little dose of retail therapy with your mom and the girls on a Black Friday. The photo is priceless.

Popular posts from this blog

IMCDA #7 -- The Sunset Year

Kona 23'

Coeur d'Alene Scenic Challenge