Circus Mexicus

Our trip to Mexico this time was centered around a weekend (or day rather) of live music. Circus Mexicus - Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. A local band from Phoenix, I can't believe I had never seen them perform before...

First up was a live performance by another couple of great singers (and hella fun guys too) Mike & Teddy..... They performed at a little bar in Old Part, Shark Bite.... We got there at 1pm, and well..... the afternoon started out like this.........


Actually, I'm pretty sure that might have been bucket o' beer round 3. And when a small venue of only about 30people listening to really good/fun live music starts at 1pm..... Things can get ugly in a hurry...


No, those people were NOT with us, but they were quite entertaining....

Unfortunately for my husband, his drinking pacing was about as acc
urate as his 5k pacing strategy.

And, a few hours later - when we came home to clean up - this is what I WAS left with. Supa got to hear it, via Skype. Yes, Carrie - that is your hat that is being violated.


Next up, the headliners - after a few more coctails with friends out in cholla bay. Mike & Teddy peformed some more for us.

Roger Clyne onstage in his Festive outfit!



Let's just say I think I came out of this day unusually unscathed....unfortunately, as evidenced by the pictures - others didn't.






All and all it was a great weekend, and now we are trying to recoupe. We're heading back home Wednesday morning where I am more than ready to get my butt back into shape! Bye bye Bender... hello training plan!

Comments

Kate said…
We LOVE Roger Clyne and the Peacemakes. He was randomly just in Omaha and I didn't get to go, but my husband said he was awesome. So fun that you got to see him in Mexico.

Popular posts from this blog

IMCDA #7 -- The Sunset Year

Kona 23'

Coeur d'Alene Scenic Challenge