YOLO!

I've missed writing my thoughts and daily adventures down in this blog.  I love going back months, even years to see where I was this time xx year and deciding if I've grown in a way that makes me happy and proud.  Unfortunately, my new job has turned out to be a whole lot more time consuming and stressful than years past at the same time (fortunately) my coaching business is in full bloom leaving a whole heck of a lot less time to write!  I used to sit down with my recovery time snuggling on the couch with the dogs relaxing in my recovery boots and typing, but now those times are less frequent and typically after 10-12hrs a day on a computer I'd rather veg out and stare at mindless TV :).  In an effort to recap the last 2.5 months I'm going to do do a little bullet point catch up so here we go!
  • After 3 months of very little training, I used my WTC Insurance and received a full refund for my Oceanside entry.  Best $40 EVER spent.  My heart wasn't in it and my body still needed more time. My doctor not only agreed, but was proud of me for making this decision.
  • When I decided to back out of Oceanside I also decided to commit to CDA 70.3 and full.  When in Rome.....
  • I slowly re-dedicated myself back to training.  I ran two half marathons learning that a) you can't fake run fitness and b) running faster than you are fit to run takes a heck of a lot longer to recover from.
  • Went on a girls trip to wine country.  Spent way too much $ on wine and lived off bread and cheese for 3 days.  It was glorious.
  • On said trip, got drunk and ended up booking last minute flights to Maui to watch one our closest friends get married.  YOLO!
  • Had a completely unplanned amazing 4 day vacation in paradise.  Totally out of my comfort zone and one of the best and most needed trips away with my husband.
  • Spent the next 4 days working 12+hours to catch up and prep for hosting my 3rd annual spring training camp!
  • Once again got completely inspired by watching the athletes reach new achievements and push themselves harder and further than they thought they could go.
  • Surprised myself with the fitness I didn't know I still had!
  • Got completely rejuvenate and ready to get back to the grind! 
  • Aside from camp weekend, just finished off my biggest training week since IMAZ and I feel fantastic (and hungry).  14k+ yards of swimming, 8hrs of cycling, 30+m running and 90' of strength training.  The kind of week I used to do on a regular basis but have struggled with over the past year.  
We're now on the 8 week countdown until we move back to CDA for the first summer in our new house!  The winter has flown by so fast, I almost can't believe it's time.  I'm super excited, yet also a bit overwhelmed thinking about it as I feel like I barely just unpacked from our Christmas trip.  I feel like life is on this crazy fast track and some days I just wish there were more time to relax and just be.  I couldn't imagine life without everything in it, so I just keep plugging away and managing my time as best as I can.

Next up - another wedding weekend in Napa followed by Adult Spring Break, aka Rocky Point Tri!  A weekend away at the beach with our friends, and our first time renting a house in over 10 years.  I can't wait to get back to Bub's beach and have one last hurrah with our friends before heading out for the summer, but also before putting my head down and my focus into my training.

So much fun on  this girls trip!!!


Moments before out running my fitness and watching my BFF PR!
 

PARADISE!!!
 


We did NOT want to leave...


Camp kickoff!


Tri 4 Cure 
 

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" 
 Mae West

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMCDA #7 -- The Sunset Year

Kona 23'

Coeur d'Alene Scenic Challenge