“Everything you can imagine is real.”

“Everything you can imagine is real.” 
 Pablo Picasso

One of my favorite things about keeping a blog and the fact I've had it for as long as I've been doing Ironman is that I get to go back and see myself over the years.  I giggle when I look back at my posts from 2007, while training for my first big race.

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Oh how that quote could not be any more perfect.  This year I chose to push harder, dream bigger and have no regrets.  It paid off in so many ways, not just in results but in where I see myself going and what I see myself doing.

Last year, I looked back at my two New Years posts.  The first one, I shared how my year that started out in tragedy pushed me to go after new goals, to reach for the stars.   Boy did I continue to reach for the stars this year.  I put my head down, I did the work, I held nothing back.  This is something that it has taken me years of practicing and getting the confidence to do.  I feel like it made me such a stronger person and athlete being about to put it out there and go for it....


My second post was a few weeks into the New Year.  I was unemployed, bored and confused on what to do with myself.  Thankfully the stars aligned and I found myself with a good job, and still the flexibility of working from home!  But what hits home the most about this post (which I didn't even remember writing!) is the last section.....teaser***

2014 is going to be the most exciting one yet.  I have big dreams, big goals of my own, but the most exciting part is that I hope to be able to help others find, build and reach their's as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kona 23'

IMCDA #7 -- The Sunset Year

Coeur d'Alene Scenic Challenge