Oh that's hilarious -- Where else would we have been at 10:15 on Sunday? I'm never taking the tape off that jacket - it'll work great on dark, winter morning runs! And when it gets worn and tattered - I'll just refresh!
I'm not really sure if I can even describe what an amazing day I had in Canada last Sunday. I remember everything about it (not usual). I never had a crazy low. I never felt like I couldn't do it, or more importantly that didn't want to be there. I've never smiled so much in my entire life. I've never had so much fun. The days leading up to the race I felt good. Maybe too good. I was calm, rested, happy. For the first time in 5 Ironman I knew I had done everything I possibly could to make my training count. No skipped workouts because I was too tired, or because I just didn't want to do them. I did the work, I made the work count. I knew that the only factor that could mess up my day was going to be ME. I knew that all my issues in the past 2 IM have been nutrition related and bonking, and I was not going to let that happen. I stayed pretty quiet leading up to the race. Every night when I went to bed...
Thank you to Erin who sent me this quote - I can't seem to get it out of my mind, it's perfect. "Even the most domesticated animals remind us what it is like to be wild, to be gentle, to be loyal, to trust, to flourish, to slow with age, to die. They connect us with something fundamental in our beings -- and we are the caretaker of that connection." Last night was perfect, everything we needed. Calm waters, the beach to ourselves, a pitcher of margaritas and the tide heading out to take her away. I can't express the sadness we felt, but also relief that we were able to give Miss Abby what she deserved after the best possible life she could have. While it was short and unfair she absolutely lived it up while she was with us... My boys playing together, priceless. Somehow this boy of mine knows exactly when I need him. It was exhausting for all of us - after we got b ack to the house Baxter fell asleep with his baby "Abby" given to him by the sweet swee...
NO I'm not 30 QUITE yet..... BUT, I already got my first birthday present....:-) You all know I love me some RED. Kinda like SHE loves her some Pink. Except, I don't have to wear it every day. My bike isn't red (although it would be so cool if it were). I do however have: a red wall kitchen red (black & white) dishes a new red phone sassy red shoes a red wallet but... the one thing I've been waiting for.... a NEW RED HANDBAG ! I've been checking this site obsessively for a new season of RED to come out. And wouldn't you know.. the new season is here, and it was FULL OF RED. And, not the flashy fire red , but the pretty dark deep red that I love.... And then.. wouldn't you know it... a couple days after said find, I get a preferred customer coupon in the mail for 25% off.... If only the timing weren't so bad. If only I still wasn't making up for my IM expenses. If only it were MY birthday this month not his . After about a week of obsessi...
Comments