Where has the time gone?

First off, I'm just going to refer you to momo's blog to recap our Boston trip. I think she was waiting for me to recap our more than eventful business trip, but I just couldn't seem to get my words down. So, thank momo. Now, I can move past those crazy days & get life back in order. Well, somewhat. I can't seem to move past the jet lag. It usually doesn't affect me like this, so I'm not sure what is up. For some reason I just can't sleep. I was awake all night last night, and finally just got out of bed at about 5:30 when S went to go run. I'm kinda hoping I crash here in the next hour or so to get a little bit of rest.

Training has been a bit sporadic this week, to say the least. Monday I did my 1:20 moderate run in Boston which was actually great. Including the grumpy, fast/serious runners we encountered. You know, I actually thought it was runners law that we are all friendly. Guess not. At least not when you are fast and getting ready for the upcoming creme de la creme of marathons. But, enough about that....

Tuesday we tried to recoup from our travels, and did not get a workout in. So, I missed my moderate bike (1:45) and weight session with Daniel. I planned this ahead of time, so no big deal. You can only fit so much in one day, right?

Yesterday I took the kids for my 55min tempo run. They were so cute. Just waiting for me to get out of bed so they could greet me & tell me how much they missed me. Top of mind, they missed me NOT being home all day with them. They forgot what life was like when both S & I left for work & they were stuck to nap ALL day long without mom to bug, or windows to look out & bark at every shadow they saw. So, they sat there "patiently" being GOOD until my eyes showed the first sign of movement that declared I was officially awake. Then, GAME ON!

I also made it to masters. I did my long workout set that I missed on Monday (3000meters). Momo & I were a little off in the pool, but nothing to worry about... we got the distance in. I had to rush out of the pool for lunch date though. I was meeting Stacey and Diane, a girl that worked with us at a previous job. She's now in Law School & is home for Spring Break. It's so funny to hear her stories. She is living the life right now. Playing (and studying some) off student loans (and I thought it was just me, ha!), planning a study abroad trip to Brazil (why didn't I think of that?!?!) & just enjoying the last couple of years before reality hits! It was fun to listen to her stories, and take a step back in time. Of course, I wouldn't go back to that life for anything, but it never hurts to reminisce.

My busy day continued on. I was home with just BARELY enough time to put my spare bedroom together & clean up a bit. Carrie, my # 1 Fan (see comments) was flying in today for her spring break. We were heading straight to our wine bar to meet Stacey & Dave for dinner & drinks. This weekend we are doing a girls bridal thing for Stacey, and the boys are going out as well, so it was kind of the only chance for all of us to get together as a group while Carrie is here. We shared a couple bottles of a tasty Pinot Noir, some great pizza & good laughs.

So today, I'm supposed to get 1:15 bike ride in, and do my second weights day. I'm going to play it by ear. I need rest first. I'm actually starting to feel a little sleepy now, so maybe I can go get a little nap in before I start the day!

Tomorrow S & I are doing our long run before he goes to work. It's 2:10mins. Although I have done a couple half marathons as well as 2 half ironman, I have not done an actually training run that long in almost 3 years when I was training for the New York Marathon. Keep your fingers crossed it goes well! I'll post a recap on that tomorrow!

I hope every one's week is going well. I hope those in AZ are enjoying the sizzling hot spring weather. Hopefully the warmer temps are helping those in colder climates that have been stuck in doors for so many months get out as well.

Cheers..

Comments

momo said…
there will be up weeks and down weeks, and i think we're in the midst of a down week. you've done great though - five solid weeks of great training, you will be FINE. :-) i promise.
Anonymous said…
I was looking forward to meeting you with Momo when you were in Boston, too bad Sunday night did not work out. I think if you came to the North Shore you would meet and greet friendly runners like MA & I. I have been following your blog/training, all very impressive!!
Spokane Al said…
You certainly have a busy, busy life to squeeze your IM CDA training into. Glad to see it all comes together and works so well for you.
Andra Sue said…
Hey--thanks for the comment about my MarkAllen HR zones. I was going to reply via email, but your addy comes up as "noreply-comment@blogger.com". Anyway, I'm going to stick with the low HR stuff for at least 6 weeks and see where it gets me. Nice to know it worked for someone else as well! :)

Popular posts from this blog

IMCDA #7 -- The Sunset Year

Kona 23'

Coeur d'Alene Scenic Challenge